Calculations & Results
The following links span the world of lighting calculations with ElumTools.
Calculation Metrics (what can ElumTools calculate)
The ElumTools Calculation Engine
ElumTools employs the same calculation engine as our stand alone software program AGi32 which has been an industry standard since 1999. AGi32 has been validated using CIE-171 and has been privately tested in countless real-world applications.
There can be potential differences in calculated values when comparing ElumTools results to those from AGi32. However, given equivalent input data, calculated values are within +/- 2% and computation time is similar.
Most discrepancies between the two programs can be attributed to modeling differences:
In most cases (surface geometry in) the Revit model is significantly different than the AGi32 model
- Holes are cut for face-based fixtures in Revit
Size of a Room or Space is a net measurement affected by drywall thickness
- Luminaire family geometry versus AGi32 luminaire symbol
- Materials differences (reflectances)
- Differences in calculation precision (meshing).
- ElumTools uses a slightly more refined surface mesh by default.
- ElumTools has Adaptive Subdivision enabled by default
- Differences in calculation point display precision